Colleyville Police Department Joins ‘Neighbors’ by Ring to Provide Users with Real-Time, Local Crime and Safety Information
Neighbors aims to reduce crime in communities by connecting people, security cameras and law enforcement.
The Colleyville Police Department has joined the Neighbors app by Ring to provide the residents of Colleyville with local crime and safety information. The Neighbors network already has millions of users and has been instrumental in catching package thieves, stopping burglaries, and keeping neighborhoods safe.
Residents can download the free Neighbors app, join their neighborhood, and use the app to monitor neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos, and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement, and the Ring team.
“We are excited to establish this partnership with Ring and the Neighbors App as we continually look for new ways to communicate directly with our residents and business owners on important issues of crime and safety,” said Chief of Police Michael C. Miller. “This partnership provides us with another real-time tool to improve the flow of information between the Police Department and our community and it will ultimately improve the efficiency of our investigations.”
How It Works
- Text ‘colleyvilletx’ to 555-888 or click here: https://download.ring.com/colleyville from your smartphone to download the app for free on iOS and Android.
- Opt-in to join your neighborhood.
- Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
- Receive real-time alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team that inform of crime and safety alerts as they happen.
- View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or interactive map.
- Share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device, including Ring’s home security devices.
- Work with your community to make neighborhoods safer.
Neighbors is a neighborhood watch app that provides real-time, local crime and safety information. Download the free Neighbors app (iOS/Android), join your neighborhood, and use the app to: view neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team. For more information visit www.ring.com/neighbors.
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com.