The Colleyville Public library offers story times, arts and crafts classes, Chess Club and more! Please visit our calendar for a full list of events and program registration.
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten
Experts agree: Reading aloud to young children is the best way to get them ready to read on their own. That’s why the library challenges you to read 1000 Books Before Kindergarten together. 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten can help your child to:
- Love books and reading
- Enjoy the library
- Learn new words
- Be motivated and curious
- Prepare for reading
This free program reinforces the fact that parents are their child’s first and best teachers. 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten helps parents give their children a solid learning foundation.
Join 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten to help your preschooler get ready to read!
If you have questions or want to sign up, contact youth services at 817.503.1154 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Reading Club
The Library's Winter Reading Club starts January 20, registration begins January 13. Children ages 0-12 can sign up at the Youth Services or Circulation Desk and receive their punch card and book bag. The club runs for 12 weeks, ending Saturday, April 11.
How does it work?
Starting on Monday, January 13, children can begin tracking the number of books they read and receive a decal to add to the S’More Reader Wall.
▪ All materials must be checked out from the Colleyville Public Library.
▪ Books must be kept at least one night.
How do I count my reading?
Reading will be counted by book titles.
▪ 5 books = 1 decal to add to the S’More Reader Wall and an entry into the Grand Prize Drawing!
▪ Children who check out books once a week for 10 out of the 12 week session will receive a cool prize.
▪ Keep track of check outs with the punch card attached to the bag received at registration. Punches are received at the circulation counter.